Wednesday, April 12, 2006

First post...continued !

Mango Pickle
~~~~~~~~~~
It took some effort for the transfer of technology. I was getting instructions online in realtime from my grandmom, mom and dad. But the result was great. Here is the first Mango Pickle I ever made. Both of us were craving for fresh mango pickle, hence it din't even last for 2 days. ( I used only 1/2 of a raw mango, with the other half I made Mango Dal...Yumm Yumm !)

Apple Payasam
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Both of us prefer pears to apples. There were a couple of apples which were being neglected for almost a week. Hence I made apple paysam. It was like vermicelli payasam but a little crunchier.

To note:
1. Use condensed milk along with regular milk.
2. Garnish with almonds and not raisins.

Chole
~~~~~
This chole was good. I used soaked whole chana instead of canned garbanzo beans.

To note:
1. Grinding some chana with spices to form gravy...crucial.
2. Adding yogurt and pinch of sugar.

Stuffed Vankai Koora
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The stuff in the picture along with some oil and salt are the ingredients I used to make stuffed brinjal. Though it din't exactly turn out to be 'stuffed' it was quite good. Here is the picture...

3 comments:

[NottY]Nee said...

wah... those food looks very very delicious, i am hungry now.. arrgg..
keep up the good work, looking forward to see more dishes~ ^^

Lakshmi said...

came to your blog th' your comment on Indira's blog. Nice blog SNP.
All the best. Keep blogging, even I started few months back only.
Your blog title is nice and above all that Mango Pickle, just want to have it. Looks so delicious, and the color is perfect.

SNP said...

Thanks Shopper for your nice words. I hope to post regularly.

Hi Lakshmi,
Thanks a lot. It was my first attempt. As I said I followed instructions from my grandmom to the word, I guess it is all about proportions :)
I visited your blog. Its a great one.